MOST SHOCKING MOMENT NOMINEES:
- “Chinatown”- the ending of this spectacular film caught me off guard. I never would have predicted the result the writers went with in a million years.
- “Kingsmen: The Secret Service- The best scene of the entire picture provided an effect that shook me up. I was upset, but what am I to do about it?
- “The Others”- Just like “Chinatown,” the ending to this release was incredibly unpredictable on my end. It was chilling, and shockingly enough, I enjoyed it.
- “Predestination”- Once I caught onto what the twist in the story was going to be (basically the third act), the whole tone of the plot changed. I was gagging from how disgusting it was as this film surely shook my mind around.
- “Star Wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens”- If you haven’t seen this movie, don’t worry, I won’t spoil the scene. Those who have seen it, and see the picture for it above, you know what scene I’m talking about. It was predictable a ten minutes before the moment took place, but before that I had no idea.
- “Slow West”- This whole movie was shocking. I did not know what I was watching for the most part of this release. Enough said.
- “No Country for Old Men”- The whole conflict this movie created (for one character) ended with a snap of the fingers…well…technically it was a gun. It was so blunt and subtle that it took me a while to say “wait, what happens now?”